One more cup of coffee for the road

Thursday, February 21, 2008

Éire...

I bought a ticket to Dublin!

It has always been a dream of mine to visit Ireland. So I am taking advantage of living in Europe (and my Irish friend Cat!) and am heading there this week-end. Cat is flying with me from Rome and has agreed to show me around Dublin for a couple of days. We leave Friday and come back Sunday. Cat's sister has graciously loaned us her apartment and Ryanair has graciously provided low cost airfare, so it's all set!

Now, I realize that by seeing Dublin, I will not really be able to say I've seen Ireland, but if I only make it to a Pub in Dublin and the Guinness Storehouse tour, I figure it's a good start.

And for those of you following my Rugby fetish, Team Scotland will be in Dublin to play Ireland in the Six Nations this week-end. The pubs will be alive all week-end with millions of Irish, thousands of visiting Scottish and one lowly Canadian listening to a plethora of musical accents. Stay tuned for pictures...

4 Comments:

Blogger Sean Newbury said...

I'm GREEN with envy. Ireland is in my TOP 5 destinations.

Hope ya had a blast and that you can remember your weekend... Guinness can be a cruel dark cream mistress blanketing over many a memory... bless her extra stout heart!

12:52 PM  
Blogger N@ Lauzon said...

Asstard.

11:08 AM  
Blogger Ma Horton said...

Drink a guinness for me too .( burp )

5:12 PM  
Blogger JB said...

My Dad's side's from Galway, my Mom was born in Port Glasgow, Scotland. I've never been, so I'm seriously jealous.
Hope you have a great time.

5:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home