One more cup of coffee for the road

Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Dans l'cul, cafards!


When I was in Bermuda on vacation last month, I was introduced to a new product called Baygon. Apparently, cockroaches in Bermuda are huge, by Montreal standards, and are very difficult little buggars to kill. So the locals in Bermuda usually keep a can of Baygon handy. I was told that when you spray a Bermudan cockroach with Raid or any other insecticide, the vermin actually laugh in your face. But when you spray them with Baygon, they shrivel up and die on the spot. (Note: According to my sources, Baygon is supposedly banned in most countries because IT'S PRETTY MUCH NERVE GAS, but can be purchased on the black market).

Fast forward to Sunday, when I moved to Rome and took possession of my new apartment. I was happily unpacking my things, when what did I notice on the top shelf of my new closet? Yupper. A bright green can of Baygon.

So if the Italian police find an unidentified, red-headed Canadian twitching in the fetal position outside the Coliseum, please, someone claim me.

2 Comments:

Blogger Maria said...

Could that smell have been the sulfur water... when we were in Italy that is the only rancid smell that knocked me out every day. Smelled like rotten eggs!

Glad you finally got rid of the smell.

2:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

FINALLY you are allowing anonymous posters...nice one. Thanks for the props.

B1


Kneesox

12:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home